Friday, January 9, 2015

The pedestal...for 2015




For years I have had an aversion to others putting me on a pedestal. I hated it when that happened. I was terrified of it. I always believed that a pedestal could be broken and those standing upon it would fall eventually. What I just recently broke in my life was this: only a pedestal made of lies can be broken for it's like a foundation made of sand, it shifts, changes and fails due to it's very nature. What is built on lies will fall, every time. What is built on truth cannot fall, for it is built on a foundation of stone, solid and unchanging. It will not fall because by it's very nature is unchanging. A person put on a pedestal of truth is able to reach further., to be seen by more, to give hope and clarity to more. Their light is like a lighthouse. This is the difference between an idol and an icon. One is false and it's glitz and glamour will one day meet it's end when the truth comes out. The other withstands the tests of time, weathering every storm, standing taller and brighter, a beacon of hope to those struggling in darkness...so on this new years eve, I am grateful for the healing that allows me to release the defenses of my heart and the fear of being truly seen by many. In this new year may our hearts be wide open, our lights held high and may we illumine a new world of hope and love

No comments:

Post a Comment